Year 1& 2
- Children work on all subjects covered by the National Curriculum. At this age we believe children learn through exploration and creative play can have a positive impact on this process.
- Close links are maintained with parents and carers, and adults often work alongside their children on early morning activities.
- Children will get the chance to go on a residential visit to Whirlow Farm.
- Children are encouraged to take reading activities home every night. If this does not happen, please ask your child’s teacher.
- During year 1 pupils will take part in the national phonics screening programme.
- Year 2 pupils participate in a teacher assessment process, Statutory Assessment Tasks (SATs). The results are given to parents in a written report at the end of the school year.
What we did last year in Y1 and Y2